Here is a list of items that you should consider when preparing for your new Springer puppy. You may not need everything listed for before your puppy arrives, but this list help you consider all your puppy's basic needs.
· Cotton balls for cleaning ears
· Nail file, for smoothing those sharp puppy nails
· Old, cozy blankets for crate (something that can be washed a lot) until there’s no accidents
· Old Blanket to cover wire crate if you didn’t buy a fitted one with your wire crate
· Food and water bowls (stainless steel or ceramic) look for a size or style that allows those long Springer ears to stay out of the water and food.
· Storage bin for dry food
· Portable Pens or Baby Gates
· Nature's Miracle (gallon size) or similar stain/odor neutralizer
· Bitter Apple (bitter taste deters dogs from biting, licking, and chewing)
· Pooper Scooper & bags
· Adjustable Nylon collar w/plastic clasp10 - 14 inch (25 - 35 cm) size for standard or medium Springer puppies. Your puppy will come home with it’s color coded collar they were assigned at birth
· I.D. Tag (small one for small puppy, you can order a larger one later)
· 4 foot leash for early leash training
· Wire Crate for crate training. We like the Double-Door Folding Metal Crate Cage 36x23x25 or 42x28x30 if you have the room
· Travel Crate for car until puppy is big enough to wear a car harness
· Balls (squeaky rubber balls)
· Stuffed Dog Toys w/squeakers
· Medium or Large Kong Toy
· Rope toys they can’t tear apart
· We feed Taste of the Wild, a complete, all age feed. Sample bags are included in your puppy packet.
· Puppy Biscuits, nothing made in China….ever
· Training Treats
Petco has a treat bar where you can mix and match different treats. Take your puppy in, they’re allowed to sample them. They have tiny bone shaped treats that all our puppies love. Great size for treats and training.
· Pin or Slicker Brush
· Medium tooth Comb
· Blunt tipped curved blade scissors
· Toothbrush Kit
· Puppy Shampoo
· Puppy Conditioner / Grooming Spray
· Ear Wash solution
· Plier-style nail clippers w/nail guard
· Blood Stop Powder
· Make appointment with Vet for new puppy wellness check-up. (Our contract requires a vet check within 7 days of bringing your puppy home.
· Ownership & Training books
Recommendations include: "The Dog Listener", "Puppies for Dummies", and many more...if you have small children, please read up on teaching your children how to manage a new puppy.
· Start shopping for Obedience classes and Groomers if you choose to not groom them yourself.
Last but certainly not the least,
Lots of Love and Patience
Oh, & keep our phone # on speed dial!